Introducing the Kalena Template for BlotMay 4, 2022
I recently started a new personal blog powered by Blot. Putting it simply, Blot takes a collection of static files stored somewhere (like Dropbox) and creates a website. There’s obviously a lot more to it than that, but this isn’t a post about the ins-and-outs of the backend.
Out of the box, Blot includes some pretty great templates you can choose from, but I wanted something a little more custom. So I built it myself.
It’s a modern design built around readability, speed, and simplicity.
- Uses system fonts for speed and native appearance
- Allows use of full width featured images (optional per post)
- Change colors, number of posts on home page, layout style, logo display, and attribution display without modifying code
- I have not tested with any commenting system. It may work. It may not.
- Currently has a dark mode that overrides colors from the color picker. You can remove or modify the dark mode by editing
style.cssin the theme editor.
Report a Bug or Ask a Question
Feel free to reach out to me on Twitter or via email (hi [at] Matt Langford dot com).